Saturday, October 1, 2011

UVA Football and a package!!!! ;)

We've had a great Saturday...I apologize that my pictures are completely out of order but hopefully you'll be able to follow along! ;)  This afternoon (after Hudson's nap) Brad and Hudson headed to the UVA football game.  They really hated to leave me behind and I did hate to miss Hudson's first experience at a college football game but with Brad traveling so much right now for work I really appreciated the mommy {me} time!!! ;) Besides, Brad said Hudson "could not have been better"...and we've started realizing sometimes H "acts out" worse when we're all together {which can make family time challenging at times?!}. 

I LOVE this picture...Brad was great at taking some pictures with his camera phone.  It's extremely convenient that Auburn and UVA share the same school colors. ;) Hudson has been talking ALL evening about the football game, seeing the Cavaliers play and getting to sit with his good buddy (and neighbor), Will (age 3 1/2). ;)

He's been asking..."when can I go back to the football game?" And Brad said he actually listened and followed the game well...and cheered for every touchdown! ;) Today's weather was a PERFECT day for football!!

One of my personal highlights of today...THIS package from NANA (Brad's mom)!  It was like an unexpected early Christmas present...a large box FULL of fall/winter clothes for Hudson that she's been collecting/buying the past couple of weeks!  And get this...she gave him not one, not two but FIVE monogrammed long-sleeve shirts...all different fonts/styles and colors...I was THRILLED!!! :) :) It's been a long time since I've gotten anything monogrammed for Hudson..I've ordered seasonal things with his name on them {sometimes I just can't help myself} but with the thought of having another boy one day I've been trying to limit the monogramming...however, I'll take it as a gift ANY day!!!!! :) THANKS a TON, Nana!!!! ;) {And Hudson LOVES his book!}

So..here's where the "out of order" begins..this morning we had a successful time at soccer, had a delicious lunch at Riverside Grill, and practiced riding our bike.  The special thing about this bike is it's daddy's bike from when he was a young child...pretty cool, huh?!  I'm amazed at all the things Brad's parents have kept through the years...seriously impressive!  Sadly, I enjoy getting rid of things way TOO much...but I'm sure I'll hold on to the extremely sentimental "items"! ;)

The helmet is an "issue" but it's helmet or no bike. Safety first! ;)

And...just before nap time we practiced our T-ball... such a great day to be outside!! :)
And...I must end this post with a great big WAR EAGLE!!! Auburn beat South Carolina today in a very close and nerve racking end... 16 to 13!  WAR EAGLE!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment