Thursday, October 20, 2011

I think I'm on to something... :)

If there's one thing I love to be... it's PRODUCTIVE!!! Being productive can be several different things to each individual person but lately...I've had several days of feeling quite productive..and I'm LOVIN' it!!! ;) Here's one way I'm feeling "productive"... 
 One of my sweet friends at work lives on a FARM..I mean the real deal raising chicken, cattle, growing gardens kinda FARM..and I buy her farm fresh eggs about every 2 weeks (this is a recent business deal..going on about 2 months!;).  Well, as you can imagine..we have a nice supply of farm fresh eggs.  And believe it or not, I make Hudson {Brad and myself} homemade french toast at least 2 (sometimes 3) mornings a week...and YES, even working/weekday mornings when I have to be at work by 8:30am (hence the feeling of being PRODUCTIVE!!;).  But today is the day we're having QUICHE {another great/healthy way to use my farm fresh eggs} for dinner!  Do you want to know HOW I knew today was the day for quiche?? Because I plan our meals by the WEEK (just another way I feel productive;)!!  It's something my mom always did and now that Brad can give me a little better "outlook" of his week it's been alot easier to plan... so today (Thursday) I had  QUICHE on the weekly menu.

It also helps with my couponing... I'm certainly NO pro at coupon thing but every little bit helps! ;) So before Hudson even woke up this morning I cooked the sausage and set aside for later {when I got home from work}.  Tues/Thursdays are nice b/c Hudson comes to pre-school WITH me (he's in the 2 year old class;).  While Hudson ate his lunch and played a little I threw everything together...the sausage, spinach, mushrooms and cheese.  Put my pie crust together, mixed my eggs and milk (salt and pepper) and Voila! I through it in the oven, put Hudson down for his nap...and now, our dinner is ready for when we get home tonight! 
We have Hudson's Fall Festival at pre-school later today (I'm volunteering to help at one of the "booths").  Should be a ton of fun but it's so nice knowing that dinner for my family will be ready when we get home! ;)

Oh yeah, Brad bought a loaf of whole grain/all natural (all organic ingredients..I say this b/c as healthy as it is they don't last as long due to the lack of preservatives...which is a good thing;) bread at the Farmer's market LAST Tuesday...we only have half a loaf left and while it's probably passed it's expiration for sandwich bread I may try to whip up some french toast to go along w/ our quiche...and probably the frozen tator tots in our freezer as well!! ;)
I follow several blogs that share their weekly (sometimes MONTHLY) meal schedule...it's always fun to see what people are eating! ;)  This week was fairly easy b/c of our busy schedules...
Sunday: Chicken Spaghetti, fresh broccoli/carrots
Monday: (I met some girlfriends for dinner) Brad/Hudson had leftover chicken spaghetti and veggies
Tuesday: We had a date night (our neighbors kept Hudson)..we did a date night rotation. ;)
Wednesday: We kept our neighbors (Will and James)..Brad had Clam Chowder (from Whole Foods- it was on sale!!;). I made the boys hot dogs, french fries, carrots and sliced apples
Thursday: Quiche , tator tots (and possibly french toast).
Friday/Saturday are typically "grill-out" nights or eat out nights (depending on the "budget"!;).
Okay, so this week wasn't a good week to share our menu...it's been pretty easy! ;)  
 I do alot of cooking/preparing in the morning before I even leave for work OR I use Hudson's nap time (depending on what I'm making).  As you can see I still cook "simple" and convenient.. it's just the season of life we're in. However, I do try my very best to make things that are HEALTHY and I can assure you EVERYthing I make/cook/bake is filled with lots of LOVE!!! ;) I know it sounds "cheesy" but I honestly get such satisfaction in cooking for my family...I was like this even when Brad and I dated! ;)
I told a girlfriend the other night that as much as Brad compliments my looks and tells me I'm "beautiful"..it probably means more to me when he compliments my cooking! {I know it may seem strange but that's just "ME"!;)} 
 While I may be productive in this area I certainly lack in others... I've got a load of laundry I'm about to go fold, clean dishes that need to be unloaded (but will probably wait until Brad gets home!;), floors that need to be swept, mirrors that need to be cleaned, etc...
WOW- I've got a lot to do before my little man wakes up! ;)
Happy {productive} Thursday!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment