Monday, October 31, 2011

Harvest/Halloween "Bash"..

Well, first of all "Happy Halloween" to everyone! ;) I'm not some over the top Halloween person... but I'm finding it to be a little more "cute"/fun since having a young child.  I love the poem "5 Little Pumpkins sitting on a gate" and "Have you ever seen a pumpkin", etc... it's been fun singing those to Hudson this year (I pull out all my fun Pre-K teaching material this time of year.. or at least what I can remember!;). 

Anyhow, we hosted a little "Harvest/Halloween" party for some of our friends this past Friday... it was planned for well over a month and of course the day it came there was a "Winter Storm" advisory...seriously??!!  And it was planned to be OUTside...we moved our cars and made it in our driveway and cul-do-sac...it really was a FUN time even though I'm fairly certain the temp dropped to 39 degrees while everyone was still here!? 

Yes, when the Brown's host a "throw-down" we go all out!! ;) With about 14 young toddlers/children (ages 18months-4yrs old) we felt like we needed more than the push toys and tricycles... plus, much to our delight it wasn't very expensive to RENT this bounce n' play!! ;)

I was MOST proud of my center piece with Hudson's artwork from pre-school and some things we've done at home (but mostly preschool!;).  I have LOVED everything he has made... handprint spiders, black cats, jack-o-lanterns, orange collage, fall foliage trees, etc... so I was very proud of my "branch idea"... I clipped his art to the branches in the vase! ;)

While I'm on the subject of Hudson's art... our Monday babysitter (Donna) brings a craft bag EVERY week with her and they do fun artwork together..Hudson loves it and so do I!! ;)

Here is a start to our kid eating area...and yes we added more chairs to the table...but sadly the RAIN came...

Here is the best picture I took from the bounce n' play... I didn't keep my camera out once people started arriving.

And the COLD RAIN came... we brought out our large tent and moved the kids, food and ourselves under it..along with the garage and INside!!  Can you see the adorable spider cupcakes my friend Catherine made...she and her son, Will are so crafty in the kitchen! ;) 
It really was a FUN time I just wish the weather would've been a little more "cooperative" but the kids didn't seem to notice and with all the yummy food and good friends...the adults didn't seem to mind either! ;)
Happy Halloween, YA'LL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment