Friday, September 30, 2011

A taste of FALL!!!!

YES! We are still here... I can't believe how LONG it's been since I last blogged.  I won't lie..I've been lacking a little motivation. :/ PLUS, I've been terrible at remembering my camera when we go on our fun adventures..and when I DO remember it I often forget to take the pictures?!  But just to give a re-cap...Granddaddy (Brad's dad) came for a quick visit (we had a great/FUN time!;), we've watched some good college football (not necessarily "OUR" teams but we DO love some good college football!;), my FALL television line-up has started back (The Office, Glee, Parks & Rec, Dancing w/ the Stars, etc..), and my Mom/Dad came for a visit!! We did some fun things while they were here... watched the sunset and a fun wine-tasting at Carter's Mtn, picked apples, made apple desserts, took my parents out to a great dinner (we got a babysitter for Hudson) AND we took them to downtown/historic Fredricksburg.  Ya'll, I had no idea how great F'burg is... the active downtown was incredible..streets and streets of boutiques, ice cream shops, coffee shops, museums, restaurants, etc.. it was AMAZING!!! ;) Not to mention some adorable shops that sold {everything} Tori Burch!!!  I was tempted to purchase an adorable purse (for my upcoming NYC trip;) but NO, I didn't break the bank...sadly, I'm a little too cheap but I DO love to look!!! ;) I DID, however, buy Hudson some new fall clothes...it's amazing what I'm willing to spend money on now that I'm a mom! ;)

Okay, so on to my "taste of fall"... the weather is FINALLY starting to cool-off... high's in the 50's this weekend PEOPLE..can you say scarves, hats, and maybe even BOOTS??!! ;) Anyhow, with the cooler temps I've been really feeling the baking bug...so I made some delicious S'more COOKIES!! I didn't take a picture but they were a cross between these 2 images I posted!  They were seriously simple and even more TASTE-Y! ;)
Okay, well I'll be back soon... in the meantime, ya'll please say a prayer for my parents! They leave TODAY for a 12 day "pilgrimage" trip to Israel! A trip of a lifetime and certainly at the TOP of their "bucket list"... I'm so thrilled for them but I do pray for safe travel and even MORE safety while they are there!! ;)
THANKS Ya'll!!  I hope you have a fun-filled FALL weekend!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment