Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our "Tough Mudder"

I feel terrible that it's taken me almost a WEEK to blog about this but we are so proud of Brad for successfully completing the "TOUGH MUDDER" challenge (last Sunday, October 23)!! And this challenge is NO JOKE... it was 9 miles on a ski resort (Winter Green, VA) with 27 obstacles (yes, 27!!!!).   Start time temperature was 34 degrees...and majority of the obstacles had some element of WATER (notice the balance beam obstacle).

The monkey bars were placed over a muddy pool of water and some were greased with butter and oil...just to make it even more challenging!?!

This was the "carry your log" obstacle... you carried your log about 3/4- 1 mile on these "small" bunny slopes...

This picture is a little PG-13 but this is the ICE BATH obstacle that Brad said was by far the WORST obstacle/challenge... he said it's the coldest he's ever been in his entire LIFE!!!  Notice the wall you had to submerge under to get out of the ICE...after you'd already been in for about 20yards...this just seems miserable to me but we are so proud of Brad for completing the Tough Mudder!!! ;)

And here he is.. crossing the FINISH LINE 3hours and 45minutes later!! He and his buddies had a great time but could hardly move on Monday (the day after the race).  Needless to say, I was very proud of my baby daddy!! ;)  I guess after 5+ years of marriage a 2 1/2 year old and a new baby on the way... Brad's still got that active/adventurous spirit he's always had and I so love and appreciate that about him!!! ;)
I love you babe!! :)
Btw- we have a ton of Halloween/harvest FUN pictures to post... they're coming SOON!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. this is 100% AWESOME! As soon as baby numero dos pops out yall need to apply for WIPEOUT! We'll do it with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, Brad! Jeff is doing the one in GA in February! I think he's crazy, but I'm glad to see that Brad survived it! :)

    ReplyDelete