Sunday, October 9, 2011

Doggy Sitting

We've had a great weekend... Brad went on an over-night fishing trip on the Eastern shore (Chesapeake Bay) with some of the guys from our Lifegroup (from church).  They had a great time and I hope to post pictures soon! 
Hudson and I had a fun friday night and Saturday together... he has really taken a "liking" to his firetruck/floor puzzle.  I think it helps that our 3 1/2 year old neighbor (Will) likes it so much! ;) So, Hudson and I must have put this thing together at least 5 times on Saturday morning... he loved putting pieces together, taking pride in his work, taking it apart..and starting all over {and of course, mommy had to help a little!}.

We enjoyed spending some time with our good buddy, David...later that afternoon.  Hudson loved David's sand table!

And...we did a little "doggy sitting" this weekend for our neighbors.  Hudson loved getting to play with Will's dog, General.  When we told General to "sit"..Hudson wanted to as well. ;)


Of course, Hudson wanted to use General as his personal pony. ;)

I think this is where he asked General to "please, walk"...good manners but General wasn't having it. ;)

**We also had an amazing service at church today...I have to be honest I truly feel convicted sometimes with how little I talk about Jesus {even on my blog!}.  I often wonder at the end of the day and sometimes at the end of a week...did anyone truly KNOW that I love Jesus or even think "she must be a Christian"?!  And often times, I realize my answer is "NO".  If you think about when Jesus asked his disciples to "FOLLOW ME"...there was very little conversation.  They just dropped their nets and followed him...and now we {I} say YES, Jesus I love you, I'll follow you...yet there is little action!?  I want that change... sure I talk about God/Jesus on a daily basis with my son, my husband, close friends...but what about the non-believers?! Or just people God puts in my path? 
I sit here challenged...wanting to put FAITH to work/action!!! ;)

"Come follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men" ~ Matthew 4:19

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad his pants fit! I put Lily's size 4 shirt on the other day and it's a little big. I started getting worried that his was too big. I don't know if you noticed but I don't have the blog up anymore. I'm not able to order the shirts like I was at first so everything was a little more complicated. If you ever want anything just email me.
    Congratulations on #2!!! That is so exciting! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete