Friday, December 10, 2010

A new Christmas tradition! (for Mommy and Daddy) ;)

Brad and I have started a new tradition (an idea I got from a friend here in C'ville)...we give each other an ornament that describes/expresses the past year.  Brad never fails to surprise me with his clever and thoughtful gift giving...I was soooo excited to open up my Dwight ornament!!!  Some of you may have forgotten or not know that Brad sent me to California on the TRIP of a LIFETIME to visit the set of The OFFICE (the TV Show) back in March (click here)...so "Dwight" represents that AMAZING experience (something I'll NEVER forget)!! :) 

Brad gave me TWO ornaments (even though the rule was to only give ONE ;) )... this little boy ornament represents our adorable Hudson through 2010... a busy, active, "into EVERYthing", precious little boy! ;)

Now...don't judge me on my "simplicity." This year has been somewhat of a "whirl-wind" of emotions for me... but no matter what we've been through I wanted Brad to remember ONE thing we did TOGETHER... KEY WEST, Florida!!!  I tried so hard to find some kind of ornament that would represent the "west" but I had no such luck! :(  Brad was surprised w/ the "key"...it took him a few guesses (his guesses were HILARIOUS..haha)!! But he thought it was very "clever" and a wonderful memory!! ;) I can tell I'm going to LOVE this tradition... we concluded our night wrapping some presents and watching "Christmas Vacation" (my FAVORITE Christmas movie)!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment