Sunday, October 31, 2010

GAME ON....

So... it appears my dear friend, Jessamie has started a little "friendly" competition.  You see, she made some adorable cupcakes that looked as if they should be sold in a local coffee shop, basically putting my pumpkin cake to SHAME (mainly b/c I had NO time to let the cake cool before spreading on the icing.. ha,ha!)...SO, to redeem myself I made these adorable "pumpkin" rice krispy treats....

I melted CANDY CORN with the marshmellows to give them the ORANGE color and extra yummy "sweetness"... I do not like candy corn but these were the BEST homemade rice krispy treats I've EVER made (much better than the "original")... I may make them like this everytime!!  I used pretzel sticks for the "stem".  The candy corn really gave it a perfect "gooey", sticky, sweet taste... YUM!! And they were a "HIT" at the party!! ;)

I hope I've redeemed myself...they may not be "local coffee shop" material but I think they're worth a competition!! ;) So..to my dearest friend, Jessamie...LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. it's ON!!! hahaha, i love this post and let me tell you, i'd probably have a hard time not buying 3 of these if i saw them in a cafe!!!!!!! check out my response to you!

    ReplyDelete