Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Down to the HOURS!!!!

It's down to the HOURS... crazy {really CRAZY} I'm going to be a mom of two tomorrow and we'll be a family of FOUR!?!  Are we ready? Do I even remember the newborn 'stage'? What will this child be like? Who will he/she look like? I could go on with my 100's of questions... but these are just a few that have run through my head the past couple of weeks!
You may be wondering...what do you do the day before baby #2? Well, interesting you should ask... I made this delicious pineapple cake...found on pinterest for all the grandparents to enjoy while we're in the hospital {yes, that slice missing is being well-digested in my stomach!}..it's a keeper of a recipe I'll tell ya that! ;)

Along with taking Hudson to pre-school, doing blood work in preparation for tomorrow, going to the grocery for what seems like the 5th time THIS week, running to Target {again for what feels like the 5th time this week}, having my house CLEANED {not by me..by a paid house-cleaner}...seriously EVERY mom needs to treat themselves to it..at least ONCE!!! ;), baking a cake, packing the baby's bag, washing some clothes {I can't imagine what laundry with a family of FOUR will be like?!?!}, sterilizing bottle parts (pictured), and checking off my to-do list... I think that about covers it.
Along with the questions and tender thoughts I have about the baby... I also wonder if we've made enough memories with just Hudson? Does he know how special and loved he is? He will forever and always be our first born...there's something eternally special about him..something in my heart that I can't even express..just me and God know it {and Brad, too:)}...but I also know just in the same way that Hudson is special and has a deep affection and fulfillment in my heart so will this child {because clearly my parents adore me and I was the second born...that tells me something..right?! haha!!;)}.  I have no idea what this next season of life holds... but my prayer is that it will be filled with blessings, love, laughter, a sweet sibling bond, and a joy that over-flows!

Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4: 6,7

2 comments:

  1. A safe and JOYOUS journey to you all tomorrow. We all anxiously await your news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited!!! Can't wait to hear the good news!!! :)

    ReplyDelete