Monday, November 28, 2011

A little bit of THANKSGIVING!!!

First, I want to show Hudson's latest interest...picking out his own clothes {I don't always let him...but some days it's not worth the battle}! But at least he loves his NYC t-shirt I bought him...even if he does look like mustard and ketchup! ;)

And...he decided to wear his Tiger costume I bought him for Halloween...thankfully my neighbor loaned us the puppy dog costume that her son wore last year.  Hopefully, this Tiger costume will be good for "dress-up" on a rainy day! ;)

And..here we are to Thanksgiving day.  It was a tough decision but we decided to stay put this year and not deal with the awful traffic on Wednesday and Sunday (before and after Thanksgiving...2 of the WORST travel days of the year!).  No matter which way you go...29, 64, 77, 81 and 85 were bound to have bumper-to-bumper traffic and it's just NO fun...especially with a 2 1/2 year old!!  Not to mention, it took us about 14hours last year just to get back to Virginia!

We honestly had a super "chill", relaxing, stay in your pj's longer kinda holiday...and it was awesome!!  Even though we missed our family!! :(

With the beautiful weather we went on a nice walk, stopped at the park and just enjoyed the great outdoors! ;)

Our sweet friend, Lina invited us to their Thanksgiving dinner...it was nice being surrounded by great friends and their wonderful family!! ;) I made my mom's delicious apple/cranberry casserole, green bean casserole, rolls and my first-ever homemade PECAN PIE...YUM!!  I think the pie may officially become a holiday tradition!! ;) And of course, everything at Lina's was AMAZING!!! :)

Little 15 month old, Gianna pushing Hudson all over the house...they were having a blast!! ;)

Lina and I...and Brad in the background! ;)
We were extra lazy this year...we loved sleeping in, staying in our pj's, watching the Thanksgiving day parade, baking/cooking, consuming too many calories, decorating for Christmas early (pictures to come), accomplishing a few house projects (alot more to do before MARCH!;), a visit to IKEA and Hobby Lobby, oh yeah...did I mention being LAZY!!?? ;)
We missed our family and it was hard being away from my momma being that it's her favorite holiday but I know everyone was very understanding of our decision...we do love living in Virginia but I'm not gonna lie... I hope to live closer to family one day!! ;)
We hope ya'll had a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment