Saturday, September 10, 2011

2 year old...SOCCER!!!

I had to start this post to show off Hudson's new Auburn football shirt...I had it made around his 2nd b-day (in May) but I've been saving it for FOOTBALL season!  I still need to purchase at least one more AU shirt for him (hint,hint Bee and Dee;)...too bad they don't sell AU shirts in the hometown of UVA!?! CrAzInEsS!!?? ;)

This is how we started Thursday (right before Hudson's first soccer "practice"...).  Don't you just love the "tighty whities"! ;)

Notice no shin-guards...which was totally not a surprise!  We'll be returning them ASAP! ;)

TWO year old soccer is probably exactly what you imagine... a little kicking the ball, a little playing in the dirt, a little "not wanting to cooperate", ALOT of distractions, but also FUN!! ;) 

Hudson was a little distracted by two of his "older" friends (3 year olds) playing on a different "team" on the other side of the field... so Coach Matt was extremely supportive and let Hudson play with the 3-year-olds for a couple of minutes. ;)

This picture makes me laugh... there were actually several "moments" that made me laugh! :) I think the boy next to Hudson is almost 5 years old...which is hysterical that Hudson is so drawn to older kids?!?!

By this time Hudson had drifted back with the 2-year olds... they were all having fun racing their soccer balls down the hill... I think Hudson beat his soccer ball!!! ;)

Toward the end of practice {on Thursday} Hudson was really enjoying the big goal, along w/ one of his little "team-mates" :)

Here we are to Saturday (today) and even though I don't have as many pictures... I personally think today was a little more successful for all the 2-year-olds! ;) We're with a little league that is sponsored through our local JAG school...it's fairly well-organized but basically run by the parents so Brad really stepped in today and helped with the corralling and "practice" (aka- fun ways to teach the game of soccer to 2-year-olds;).

Hudson did not want ANYone getting his soccer ball...especially when he kicked it into the goal! Yes, our current "hurdle" is sharing!!  As I think 90% of two-year old parents would agree?! ;)

I think it was as successful of a soccer day as it could be! ;)
Now...I'm currently enjoying a beautiful sunny day, watching my team (Auburn) play MSU while my little man naps...it really is a GREAT Saturday!!! :) Gotta L-O-V-E college football!!! WAR EAGLE!!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Anna, Love your soccer pictures! Our two-year-old soccer program has been postponed until late fall, but Tom can't wait for Patrick to start kicking the ball too. Hudson's little shoes are adorable...

    ReplyDelete