Tuesday, July 17, 2012

back tracking...

We enjoyed my momma's low country boil the night Brad and his dad arrived from VA... I love everything my mom cooks, bakes, makes, etc.. YUM!! ;)

A 4th of July tradition made by yours truly... red, white and blue pancakes!  ;)

For the ones that may not know... Brad actually proposed to me on 4th of July (2005) at the Atlanta Braves game {one of the most fun memories of my LIFE!}. It's always fun to celebrate our engagement anniversary! ;)

Lovin' the lake!

Mary Bradford sportin' her bedazzled American flag. ;)

My brother, John, sister-in-law, Rebecca and niece, Cameron

Hudson was enjoying all the events at my mom and dad's on 4th of July!!

I love how much our son adores his daddy... it honestly melts my heart! :)

Hudson and I have been doing some pretty cool activities since our move... I'm not the most creative person (duh!) but when it comes to entertaining young children and teaching them beyond ABC's and 123's... I can totally think "outside the box"...

1. taking a train ride to where ever the child chooses (this is so fun to pretend with all the things we "see" on our train ride;)...using the letters of his/her name as tickets (put each letter on a notecard..they have to give you the letter in order of their name for each train ride). H-U-D-S-O-N
2. Follow the leader through different habitats (totally fun with imagination!;)
3. Building tents/forts with blankets and furniture (every child needs this!;)
4. Using corn meal in a clean and dry bath tub... drawing letters, number's, shapes, etc.. when child is through flush it down with water from the shower (very little mess and quite entertaining!;)
5. Red light/Green light
 
**The list goes on and on but maybe this will help you and your little ones with some extra summer fun!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment