Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Truth is...

I often miss Mississippi!  Life was sweet and "simple" in Mississippi...we have an amazing life here in VA but there's just something special about Mississippi!?  You almost have to LIVE there to truly understand what I'm talking about. 
I often think about coming home and seeing Brad through our back window in his "jon-boat" fishing in the pond behind our house.  I often think about our neighbors...walking in to each other's house like it was our own.  I often think about the late-evening walks Brad and I would take around our neighborhood (b/c the weather was warm/mild 9 months out of the year) even after we had Hudson. 

I often miss our precious HOUSE (The first house Brad and I owned! The house we brought Hudson home to. I seriously LOVE that house and always WILL!;), the pond in our backyard, our "extended" back deck, our friends, our neighbors (who were also our friends but more like family!;), Canton Academy (where I taught Pre-K), my teacher friends, my adorable students, coaching soccer, my soccer girls, our church (even though I'm falling more in love w/ our church every week here in C'ville), the Canton Flea Market, Mistle Toe, my gym (I seriously miss my gym in Mississippi! ;), children/teens of all ages using "ma'am" and "sir" (it is a MAJOR pet-peeve of mine to hear a child say "huh" and "what" to an adult...it could seriously make me SCREAM!), wearing shorts/skirts/capri's in February and sometimes earlier (my legs haven't seen sunlight since late September..winter is brutal here!), the 6 hour trip home to Georgia/family (compared to the 9+ hour from VA), people knowing what fried pickles are and REAL sweet tea. 
I even miss Brad having {good} hunting land within 30 miles of our house and a golf course in walking distance...did I mention missing our HOUSE?! haha! ;)

 
Well, I miss you Mississippi... you did something to me.  I didn't like you for about the first 9months but once we made a few friends, found a church-home/family and settled into a sweet little house you won my heart forever! ;)
I've been wanting to blog about this for awhile...sometimes "blogging out" my feelings just makes it all better...do you agree?  It's somewhat like praying...but everyone is hearing my thoughts and reading my prayers! ;) ;) Happy Sunday ya'll! ;) I hope your church service/worship was as wonderful as ours! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna! It's Allison Grubbs! I have been following your blog and I love keeping up with y'all! It is so funny that you wrote about this today because lee and I had this very conversation at lunch. We moved to Birmingham last summer and it has gotten better but there is something about Mississippi! We are only here for another year and then we wil move back and lee will finally be done with school!!! Glad y'all are doing well! Hudson is precious!

    ReplyDelete