Friday, April 8, 2011

Crazy Night!?!

I know this is not a very "happy" picture of Hudson but it's a perfect "visual" and illustration for our Crazy Night!  Let's begin...
Yesterday (Thursday) I picked Hudson up from the childcare/Kidzone at my gym and his body temp. was on FIRE...got home and he had a fever of 103.  After just completing a round of Antibiotics for a bronchial infection a little over a week ago I took no chances and immediately made a doctor's appt.  Both Strep and Flu test came back negative (Praise the LORD!), the doctor says it's a VIRUS and to continue with Motrin and Tylenol to reduce the fever! So... the picture you see was taken around 5:30pm after daddy took him out saying... "fresh air will be good for him"...live and learn DADDY! ;) A round of Motrin and a luke-warm bath really helped...Hudson had a semi-descent dinner and hit the bed EARLY (he was exhausted after a day a battling a high-fever)...now let's get to the "time-line"..
2:30AM- Hudson cries out.. he is on FIRE (again).  No need to even take his temp. we knew it was in the 103 range!  Another round of Motrin, cold rags and back to bed we went.
4:10AM- Hudson cries out again...NO fever but was laying in a very WET sheet due to sweating out the fever.  Changed the sheet and layed him down around 4:45AM.
5:45AM- Hudson cries out again..this time it was NOT a normal "I'm uncomfortable please come help me" cry...it was a FEARful cry.  It concerned me so much I actually RAN upstairs (you gotta REALLY concern me to make me run ANYwhere at 5:45AM ;).  It seemed to be some kind of NIGHTMARE..it was so sad, he was shaking and just need to be held, loved, nurtured, etc..
Now, I gotta be honest... by 5:45AM I've lost a little of the sympathy due to exhaustion! (*side-note: it takes me a VERY long time to fall back asleep once I've been woken up...no matter what time of night!) So, after praying all night for healing and rest/sleep for Hudson (and Brad and I) I find myself "bargaining" with God...PLEASE give me at least one more hour of sleep (it IS my Spring Break), so on...etc.. I layed Hudson back down around 6:15AM (by this time Brad is up for the day and getting ready to leave for work)...much to my delight (answered prayer) he sleeps until 8AM.  I go upstairs to be welcomed by an extremely grumpy and cranky little boy.  I rub his back.. he falls back asleep until 8:30AM.  He seems a little happier but this time he says "Mommy rock".  I sit down in the rocking chair and he falls asleep on me until 9:10AM!  Hudson wakes up..looks me dead in the eyes (with his very weak and tired eyes) and says "Mommy, moatmeal (aka-oatmeal)"...SERIOUSLY- Have you EVER heard of such a CRAZY night?!?!  The GOOD NEWS- Hudson hasn't had a fever since 2:30AM (and we haven't used Motrin/Tylenol since then either).  I'm also beginning to think it could be his 2-year MOLARS!?!  Either way I'm prayerfully hoping our night is NOT as crazy tonight! ;) I hope you are feeling much more rested than I am today! ;) HAPPY FRIDAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment