Thursday, April 7, 2011

TOO EASY (and Delicious) not to share! ;)

I absolutely LOVE following blogs..especially my friends (old & new;).  My MS friend (and blog friend), Alison is always sharing delicious dessert recipes that she makes for her small group, adoption-support group, etc... and believe it or not I've made EVERY recipe she's ever shared (I already had the delicious chocolate chip pound cake recipe but it's amazing and I'm thankful she shared it!;).  This oreo-ice cream pie has become one my favorite...not only because it's super-delicious but it's incredibly EASY and convenient (which is a PLUS in this busy-mommy season of life! ;)

What you need:
2 graham cracker crusts
1 container/quart of Vanilla ice cream
1 16oz container of Cool Whip (I only use about 3/4 of the Cool Whip)
1 package of OREOS (I buy the ones from Whole Foods) crushed/crumbled
*Set the ice cream out for about 5-10 mins (to thaw a little..but not too much) fold in cool whip and crushed oreos.  Mix together and pour in graham cracker crusts (this makes TWO pies)! Top with remaining oreos and RE-freeze!* 
VOILA...you have dessert for you/your family and one to share! PERFECT and delicious! ;)

1 comment:

  1. YaY!!!! SO glad you made them and you love them! Yours look so PRETTY too! I am going to try to make mine look like yours next time! :) Ha! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete