Friday, November 2, 2012

Fall/Halloween festivities and a visit to Chick-fil-a Headquarters

I have a small window of time to post so I'll let the pictures do {most} of the narrating.  ;)

Hudson had a great time at his preschool carnival/fall-festival on Halloween morning..

I'm so thankful Brad and I were both able to attend... I helped/volunteered with the hayride which was a lot of fun! ;)

Hudson and his friend, Connor doing the pumpkin race.

Daddy and Hudson riding on the hayride.

Our precious little chick ready for the "trunk or treat" ;) (at the church we've been attending...Brad has all the pictures on his iphone;).

I truly heart {love and appreciate;) pinterest...I pinned this on my "yummy" board.  Go check it out.. so delicious and festive (using candy corn), you can totally do this for any holiday.  I may try red and green m&m's for Christmas..mix it all together, throw it in a bundt pan and Voila! ;)

It was fun having my parents down for Halloween...Hudson enjoyed all the Halloween festivities!
My dad has a business friend who now works at the Chick-fil-a headquarters..he's been wanting to take Hudson for quite some time.  It was a real treat and a fun tour...
(this is the original kitchen/diner in the museum).

Truett Cathy is a car enthusiast.

This is Dan Cathy's (Truett's son and current CEO of chick-fil-a) first car.  Truett had a scripture engraved in the dashboard to remind Dan of the property he owns and to always be safe. :)

The wall of FAME (all of the most popular Chick-fil-a items;).

The wall of SHAME (items that didn't do so well and were taken off the menu;).  This was in the kitchen where the "taste testing" takes place.

Hudson enjoyed the cars, motorcycles, and even the original bat-mobil (from Batman!;).

Truett Cathy's office...

He actually still comes in to the office about 2-3 times a week...at age 92!  That's impressive. ;)

The best part was the Cafeteria that offers breakfast and lunch to the staff and their family (fresh salads/salad bar, sandwich bar, specials each day and it's not all chick-fil-a items)..along with the fully-equipped gym for employees and their spouses.  I was pleasantly surprised at our experience/tour and the history of this amazing corporation.  Every employee is grateful, personable and happy to be there...you could see it and feel it. ;)

*Clearly I couldn't help myself narrate! ;)
I'll post more pictures from Brad's iphone soon! :)
Happy FRIDAY, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment