Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summer Accomplishments!!!

We have certainly accomplished alot this summer but 3 things come to mind {the most}... #1 We conquered the POTTY!!!  I have to be completely honest...this was maybe the EASIEST thing (transition) I'll (we) ever experience in parenthood.  Hudson just sort of adapted to it overnight (literally)...now he likes to "do it himself" which means he either STANDS and lifts the toilet seat or he climbs onto the toilet all by himself!!!  While we may have a serious strong-willed kid on our hands I have to PRAISE the LORD for how easy Hudson "conquered" the potty...we're just AMAZED!! ;)

#2 We had some incredible SWIM LESSONS!!!  I wish I had pictures (or even a video) to share but we ("Miss Jean" and I) discovered very quickly that Hudson was much more cooperative for her if I wasn't around...so I would go to the opposite side of the pool where he couldn't see me (but I could still see him).  Hudson LOVED his swim instructor "Miss Jean"..he still asks about her (even though the lessons were way back in July).  I know it may be hard to believe but Hudson can blow bubbles, hold his breath, kick and move his arms all at the same time.  He jumps in and swims to the side or to the steps (which ever is closest).  He would actually prefer to swim to the middle of the pool but that's one thing Miss Jean really worked with him on...water/pool safety!  Miss Jean was always bragging on him...saying in all her 20+ years of instructing/coaching she honestly doesn't know if she'd ever seen a 2 year old with his coordination {I apologize for boasting but it was another proud momma/daddy moment}. ;) A BIG THANKS to my mom and dad (Bee & Dee) for the swim lessons (they were part of his b-day present!;).

Yes... we started the summer with an AWFUL case of the "No's"...oh, it was a serious, obnoxious, want to pull-your-hair-out case of the "NO's"...everything was a NO!  And don't even think for 2 seconds it was a sweet little voice he used... it was a "Noooooo" (it's difficult to describe in writing but hopefully you get the point).

#3 We are now (about 95% of the time;) saying no THANK YOU, no ma'am, and no sir!!! ;)  And yes, there is even a little bit of "Yes, please"... Brad is extremely pleased that Hudson is now saying "May I please" (something daddy has been working on with him;).  I am sure the case of "No's" will never truly leave us but we are very pleased that Hudson's tone has improved and that he actually uses "No" with MANNERS!!! ;)

Well, as you can see we've accomplished alot this summer and we are THRILLED for the FALL that's only a few short weeks away!!! :) The other morning was 58 degrees here.. I almost cried with JOY!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment