Thursday, May 19, 2011

A recommendation..

Brad and I are reading this book with our Lifegroup from church...I honestly can't say enough great things about it!  It's such an incredible and biblical perspective on parenting...it's been so "eye-opening"!  It's so true that the central focus of parenting is the gospel!  One of my favorite quotes from the book:
"The purpose for your authority in the lives of your children is not to hold them under your power, but to empower them to be self-controlled people living freely under the authority of God."
I love that the book is so biblically based... I know for Brad and I we are in the "midst of the beginning" of real discipline.  This book is full of clear, biblical and practical teaching for parenting
I just thought I'd pass it along {recommend} for anyone that might be interested!! ;)
Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.
~ Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment