Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our trip to Arkansas...(3 years ago)!

Okay, I told ya'll I'd post some pics from our trip to the White River (Ozarks) in Arkansas.  This was one of our many "spontaneous" trips...I think we talked about it on a Monday and left on a Wednesday (it was during my first summer {2008} as a teacher...LOVED having summers off!;). 
To begin this post... Brad convinced me we'd be staying at a nice Bed and Breakfast.  Let's just say we pulled up to the sketchiest Motel on the side of the highway...it was NO "B&B" but after I let Brad know my disappointment (and frustration) we had a VERY fun time! ;) (I'm sure ya'll that know Brad can totally see him convincing me of this nice "B&B";)..haha!! 

This trip was totally for Brad..everything we did was 100% outdoors..not to mention 6 hours of FISHING!!!  I'd just like to say {for the record} I caught the max limit of fish...while Brad barely caught 5! ;)

In Brad's defense..I did have the fishing guide helping me! ;)

The White River is gorgeous!

You can tell I'm not a "natural" at holding fish! haha! ;)

This was the beginning of our 17 mile canoeing trip...another fun "Brad fact"..I would turn around and find Brad fishing out the canoe while I pulled all the weight {TRUE STORY}!  But wait for it...

HAHAHAHA!! This picture cracks me up...ya'll that know me can imagine my frustration and exhaustion by mile 13 (or 14) with no sign of our "B&B" in sight!  Apparently, this lovely couple noticed (and heard) my frustration and asked if we'd like some help...so they pulled us all the way back to our "B&B"..haha! ;)

We really did have an amazing time on that trip...I hope you enjoyed going back down memory lane with me!  It's hard to believe this was almost 3 years ago (it was sometime in early August 2008).  Maybe next time I'll do a post on BOSTON!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. good trip .i learn Arkansas by
    www.patrioticdecorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete