Monday, June 6, 2011

Recap of the weekend(S)

First of all, I've yet to tell ya'll about our anniversary "getaway"... Brad and I went last weekend (while we were home for Hudson's b-day party) to Atlanta.  We stayed at the St. Regis (100% amazingnessss)...I can't say enough amazing things about that place!! ;)  The service was incredible...we felt like William and Kate (ie, royalty!;).  Our informative and extremely kind bellman offered us FREE Braves tickets for the night we were there...these were our seats!!  This "William & Kate" were extremely thankful and veryyyy HAPPY!!! ;) GO BRAVES!!!

Now, onto this weekend...we started with a little live music and dancing at "Fridays at 5" in downtown C'ville!  I know some friends of mine that would LOVE this and need to come VISIT... Jessamie and Jason (just to name a few!;).

We had a busy Saturday morning running errands and doing a little farmer's market shopping downtown.  Later in the afternoon we met some of our friends to celebrate our good friend, Saul's birthday!  We met at Walnut Creek Park...Hudson loves the "beach"!

This picture makes me laugh... Hudson was literally saying "watch mom"! :)  He was trying to show me how he jumps under water... HAPPY B-day Saul..we had a great time playing in the warm sunshine!! :)

Getting ready to go to church on Sunday morning

We hosted a little "kick-off to summer" in honor of Hudson turning TWO with some of our "local" friends late Sunday afternoon! ;) We had a great time letting the kids play in the "kiddy" pool and our neighborhood pool (across the street).

Here are the adorable cupcakes I ordered from "Capellino's Crazy Cakes" on the downtown mall.  I love the sea shells, surf boards, dolphins, etc.. what a way to kick off the summer HEAT!! ;)

Yes, I think we've been singing the "Happy b-day song" for way too long...but we wanted to do it one last time with some of our good friends here in C'ville!  I wish ya'll could hear Hudson singing it...he makes sure everyone gets a turn (Bee, Dee, Nana, etc..;)..he makes me smile! ;) 
 I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get a picture of the backdeck decorated for the party or a group shot of all the kids (I normally try hard to get one!)...but I can assure you they were a cute group of kiddos! ;)

There is no where else this kid would rather be! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment